VAIS welcomes parent/guardian support, and there are many different ways to be involved in our school, including volunteering on one of our committees, volunteering in the classroom, or supporting our fundraisers. Click on the links to the left to find out more about how you can be involved! (If you're viewing our website on a mobile device, the links will appear below instead.)
Gordon's Food Service Fundraiser
Check out the GFS fundraiser flier in your child's backpack. It includes delicious pies and cookie dough. Share it with your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. Turn in the forms by Friday, Nov. 30. Orders can be picked up at SOMS on Monday, Dec. 17, just in time for the holidays!
You can also help support our school through these ongoing fundraisers:
- Clip specially marked box tops and turn into your child's teacher and/or shop the Box Tops Marketplace.
- School ID: 151749
- Register your Target REDcard and earn funds for VAIS! Target will donate 1% of purchases made with your Target REDcard to VAIS. (Please designate VAIS as your school of choice). In addition, receive 5% off all purchases at Target when you use your REDcard. Register your REDcard or sign up for a REDcard here.
Please clip or peel labels from eligible products and turn them into VAIS. There are Labels for Education collection boxes in each classroom.
- Purchase gift cards from hundreds of participating merchants (including Target, WalMart, Home Depot, Kwik Trip, Starbucks, Amazon, Walgreens, Copps, to name a few) to use just like cash and the merchants will contribute up to 17% to VAIS based on your purchases.
- Register here. The VAIS enrollment code is 82F883B624444.
- You can also purchase Scrip Cards from two local merchants, Millers & Sons Grocery in Verona and PDQ Stores and they will donate 5% to our school. If you'd like to purchase PDQ or Millers Scrip Cards contact Teresa Mueller.
5. Recycle Forward:
- Recycle Forward helps educators get new technology for their classrooms by recycling used electronics and ink cartridges for cash.
5. One Cause:
- Earn money for VAIS by shopping with your favorite merchants. When you shop through the One Cause site, a portion of your purchase will be given to VAIS!
- Check out great deals on local restaurants, stores and more! You get big discounts, and VAIS gets up to 20% of the sales. How does $17 for $296 worth of gift cards to 28 local restaurants sound? Make sure you choose VAIS from the donation area at checkout. Note that on the 3rd Monday of the month Community Change gives double donations (40%) to VAIS. Please contact parent volunteer Teresa Mueller for more information.
The district contracts with First Student, Inc., to provide bus transportation for qualifying students. Schedules are prepared by mid-August and are NOT sent out to families. The schedules, including routes and stops, are published in a free, back-to-school issue of the Verona Press, which is delivered to all Verona addresses. For safety's sake, parents wishing to ride a bus must contact the appropriate school office with sufficient notice. Drivers will NOT allow unauthorized adults on a bus. For questions pertaining to bus transportation, please contact First Students at 845-8516.
Breakfasts and Hot Lunches
The cost of an elementary school lunch is currently $1.95. Monthly lunch and breakfast menus can be found on the district website. Students who do not wish to eat a school lunch should bring a lunch from home. These students have the option to purchase milk in the cafeteria.
VAIS uses a computerized lunch accounting program. Only one account is needed per family. Accounts must contain a positive balance. Families have two options for making payments to the account:
(1) Checks made payable to Child Nutrition can be sent to :
Child Nutrition Services
P.O. Box 930007
Verona, WI 53593
(2) Electronic deposits to the account can be made using your credit card or checking account can be made at any time via e-Funds for Schools.
Families can view lunch-account balances, payments, and meal history via Wordware. Your family ID and password/PIN are required. For assistance with your ID or password (or for more information), call the Child Nutrition Office at 845-4139.
The district offers a meal-assistance program for qualifying families, in the form of free or reduce-price lunches. Great care is given to respect the privacy of families receiving assistance. Applications are submitted direction to Child Nutrition Services. School staff, other students, and families do not have access to information about which students receive free or reduced-price lunches. For more information, call the Child Nutrition Office at 845-4139.